This past weekend, two club sports team competed in the Texas Collegiate Club Sports league final four championship games.
- On Saturday, the NVC volleyball team lost the semi-final game to the eventual league champions, Trinity University. NVC Student Gabriella R. Burnett was selected as the league MVP for the 2016 – 2017 season, and NVC Coach Annette Berain was selected as Coach of the Year.
- On Saturday afternoon, the NVC women’s basketball team won their semi-final game vs Palo Alto College and advanced to the championship game. On Sunday, the NVC women lost a hard-fought championship game to Victoria College. NVC Coach Daniel Johnson was selected as Coach of the Year for the second year in a row. The team ended its season with 17 wins and three losses.
- The NVC men’s basketball team, coached by Curtis McGlown, ended its season with 10 wins and 9 losses and was unable to make the league playoffs.
In NVC soccer news, the women’s soccer team, coached by Leland Hammonds, was in Corpus Christi last Saturday and played Stephen F. Austin that ended in a draw (0-0). The NVC team defeated A&M Corpus Christi 5-0. So far this season, they have four wins and one tie.
Several NVC players made the All-Academic teams for their respected sport:
- Aria J. King – 3.40
- Gabriella R. Burnett – 4.00
- Julia L. Baltazar – 3.36
- Rosario Hartman – 3.05
NVC Men’s Basketball
- Elijah W. Eriksson – 3.33
- John D. Kersey – 4.00
- Rolando Villalobos – 3.32
NVC Women’s Basketball
- Brittany T. Bazo – 4.00
- Sydney T. Schmitt – 3.21
- Jennifer M. Enriquez 3.43
- Emily R. Castor 3.37
- Treasure D. Riven – 3.71
Congratulations to all the players and coaches for all their dedication and hard work in the classrooms and on the court.