National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) South Texas Chapter Spring Audition was very successful for Northwest Vista College on April 6 at Del Mar College in Corpus Christi.
Ten singers from Northwest Vista College competed against singers from colleges and universities in our chapter. NVC was recognized with four finalists and one semi-finalist:
- Hector Tobar and Luis Gonzalez in Second Year College Men (Classical Division)
- Lorena Del Angel and Ana Delaney in Upper College Musical Theater Women, and
- Natalia Jasso in First Year College Women (Classical Division) as a semi-finalist.
NVC Instructor Dr. Minkyung Lee said “I am very thrilled to share this wonderful news with Northwest Vista College, and it’s such a great honor to be recognized myself as a teacher for these outstanding singers. I am so proud of all their hard work and amazing attitudes to support each other and special bonding to be proud of singers who represented Northwest Vista College.”Congratulations to all winners and participants:
- Luis Gonzalez – 1st Place in Second Year College Men (Classical Division)
- Ana Delaney – 1st Place in Upper College Musical Theater Women
- Hector Tobar – 3rd Place in Second Year College Men (Classical Division)
- Lorena Del Angel – 3rd Place in Upper College Musical Theater Women
- Natalia Jasso – Semi-finalist in First Year College Women (Classical Division)
- Serena Hernandez, Thalia Moreno, Kristin DeGennaro, Ashley Rodriguez, Elizabeth Potts were also recognized with high scores and only a few points away from being semi-finalists.
Dr. Lee added that “this incredibly fine day of singing couldn’t have happen without the following supporters: Special thanks to our amazing pianist, Bogum Park from the University of Texas at Austin for her fabulous performance on the piano to add artistic touchups for beautiful performances with the NVC singers. Also, we are very thankful to NVC Music Coordinator, Daniel Smith and Chair of FAPK, Karla Ellis, for a great deal of support and encouragement during this audition preparation.